Skate with Green Herb Sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon, strained
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skate wings
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- Put the basil, chives, capers, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan or skillet. Dust the skate wings with flour, season with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the flesh has turned snowy white and is beginning to come away from the cartilage.
- Pour the prepared herb sauce over the fish and cook over low heat for another few minutes, then transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.