Fresh Tuna Salad
- two 10 ounce fresh tuna fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 peeled and small diced red onion
- 3 small, diced stalks of celery
- 2 small, diced pickles
- 2 tablespoons roughly minced capers
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 4 small-diced hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to high heat, 450° to 550°.
Coat the tuna in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add the tuna to the grill and cook for about 7-8 minutes per side or until dark grill marks have formed and the tuna is cooked throughout, no pink. Place the tuna on a plate and chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
In the meantime, prep all the vegetables and add them to a large bowl along with the eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
When the tuna is done cooling roughly mince it until it is in bite-size pieces and then add it to the bowl with the vegetable mixture.
Mix until everything is well mixed in and serve.
Photo: Chef Billy Parisi